She's much better out. Definitely.
Have a mentioned how much I LOVE this age? It might be my favorite baby stage. So much fun.
She does however put a serious cramp in my productivity. My other babes were not so much work at this age. Previously I could dump a bucket of toys out in front of them and they would play, allowing me to get something done. If you dump a bucket full of toys out for Maisey do you know what she will do? She will crawl over the ball, push the toys out of her way, disregard the rattles and shakers, zero in on a dead fly stuck in between the carpet and the baseboard, dig it out and taste it. I swear to you I have seen this exact scenario played out. Yesterday, in fact. And the day before that. And the day before that. Except not just with flys. Trash and sticks and leaves and once I caught her with a beetle. She seemed to be having a hard time nursing yesterday so I sat her up and swept her mouth. Oh, cool, half a foamy ball stuffed in her cheeks. Took the girls to story time and was working on the craft with Anabelle. Her pieces come up missing. Cannot locate them. Have to go ask the librarian for a new set. 20 minutes later Maisey chokes up an entire set of butterfly pieces, including the thorax. I can't keep my floors clean enough. It has become almost exclusively what I do all day it seems. What did I get done today? Oh, nothing but Maisey is still alive and she doesn't appear to have ingested anything jagged or coated in Clorox so I feel like it was winning. I am sure her gut is lined with a rainbow of tiny rubber hair bands. Needless to say her fine motor skills are coming along quite swimmingly. Kinda freakish if you ask me. And exhausting.
In fact, the other day as she finished eating her puffs I watched her lick each finger separately the way you and I would after eating Cheetos. (That is, if you and I ate Cheetos. But you and I would never eat Cheetos, what with all those preservitives & unnatural additives). Especially not the Flamin Hot Cheetos with Lime. Never those especially). Braden doesn't believe me that she did that. Doesn't make it any less true.
Another thing he doesn't believe me about is the fact that she stood up all by herself for at least a good 6 seconds, twice now. Way too early. That's all I have to say about that. If I see that again I may or may not push her down.
She continues to resist baby food or table food for the most part, with the exception of mangos. Why should she, wrappers stick to the ribs a little better. I fed her a jar of mangoes the other day and I thought she was gonna eat my arm off. It was perhaps the highlight of my week, I dare say. That little episode is worthy of its own post. Which one should expect to see at least by the time she has a birthday. Or two.
She is pulling up on everything. She can be found standing in her bed bouncing after naps and disassembling all the pieces to her mobile after she's ripped it down.
When we all go upstairs and leave her at the bottom she leans against the bottom step and pounds on the wall for someone to come get her.
Cracks up when you tickle her under her chin(s).
Averages 23.4 full rovers in a single diaper change. Goes nuts when you try to dress her. I swear it would be easier to put pantyhose on a wild turkey than to change and dress her.
Loves to play hide and seek with Anabelle.
Crawls all over this house. Particularly likes to bolt for the front door, the toilet, and behind the kitchen trash can. I might as well just save her trouble and spoon feed her a teaspoon of bacteria first thing every morning.
Loves to take baths with the big girls and climbs all over that bath like she owns the place. She seems about a year older than she is in personality. Although not a hard baby at all, she does have an opinion and you do know about it.
She finally sleeps through the night. Praise, rejoice and give thanks, it was time. We are just now starting to fall into a pretty regular routine. This has driven me a wee bit crazy. I would say it has been one of the hardest things with the transition to three. It's hard to plan to do anything. I haven't had a regular time to work out, and Maisey and Lila take up the whole day with their naps, alternately. But it's finally coming together, loosely.
Braden briefly suggested that he take her with him on his TDY and leave her at his parents. Get real dude. Kissing those cheeks and hearing those squeals are what get me through the tantrums and arguing.


She can just about get one leg up on a stair. Curse the day that happens. Good thing she's padded.


Well hey there Grandpa Reynolds
No comments:
Post a Comment