Sunday, May 15, 2011

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

...nothing beats being a Mom.

Braden's parents sent me these flowers for Mother's Day. All the world seems like a better place when there's fresh flowers on my table.

I spent the day thinking of the mother's in my life. My Mom who continues to amaze me with her gratitude, faith, and humility. And Braden's Mom with her generous and soft heart that makes all her family yearn to be around her.

I am absolutely honored to be a mother. It has made the innermost parts of me come alive; the feeling of doing what I was made to do is indescribable.

I am grateful for the powerful examples of motherhood that I can look to and lean on.

Without a doubt, the best part of me is my children.

I'm grateful to Braden for making me a mother, for providing for us so that I can dedicate myself wholly to it, and for supporting me without reservation in all that I do.

“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”


No comments: