So I walked upstairs (all 17) of them, and called to her to come up. She did.
About a minute later Lila came up, and wandered to the book nook and began to peruse the paperback section.
And about a minute later...
what to my wondering eyes should appear but a miniature person climbing up the last stair.
Maisey climbed up all those stairs by herself. And when she got to the top she had an eye-hiding grin and fists clenched full of treasures she had collected along the way.
I just stood there, staring at her, in horrified disbelief.
Now she did climb 3 or 4 stairs about 2 weeks ago after she watched me put my shoes up so she wouldn't chew them. I took them off, and set them on the 4th stair as I always do. She watched me do this, looked at the shoes, looked at me, and climbed right up, without hesitation, like she'd been doing it all her life.
But then she fell down twice and I hadn't seen her show interest since. I guess she really wanted her hair done.
I already struggle to keep the whole house clean. Usually, I can get the upstairs in the morning, and the downstairs in the afternoon. Now I have to find a time to get THE stairs. It's no secret that I don't vacuum my stairs often. I do not like that chore. Any job that requires me getting an extension chord is about as likely to happen as me giving my kids cake for breakfast- won't say it doesn't happen, but it's sure not the norm.
Her other recent trick is that if you give her bits of food while she is sitting in her booster at the table, she will pick up the food, and deposit it inside a little hole that is part of her chair. What is with this kid?
I have a growing sense of worry concerning what a two year old Maisey will bring. It seems possible that her skills for havoc may seriously encroach on any crafting or personal time.

Braden bathed her last night and then styled her hair like so. Upon retrieving her from her crib this morning I noticed that she had pulled out both ponie tails. After nursing her on one side she sat up and pulled the hair bands out of her mouth.

Doesn't her face say it all?
3 comments:
Oh man, know your pain. What is it with the 3rd child? They seem too inclined for trouble.
And that nursing story? Priceless.
With Maisey's hair like that it makes her look like a Shrek baby...haha, it's cute. You know what I'm talking about? Google it.
I used to call Caleb destructo boy because he was into everything! Just wait and see what she does to the one after her. I was never sure if Chase was going to survive to see his first birthday. She sure is cute though!
Post a Comment