Monday, May 2, 2011

I wish I played like this

Do you ever watch kids play with complete abandon and feel liberated just by watching them? Anabelle has always played like that. She sings loud, she takes control of the whole space she's in by pulling everything around her into her world of imagination and fun. Indisputably, she has one of the best laughs I have ever heard. So when we find something that elicits "that laugh", we ride it out and enjoy every minute of it.

I discovered last summer that the tire swing does that for her. And although it makes me sick just to watch, I just can't help myself. That head back, throw-your-cares-to-the-world laugh- I'll do whatever I have to do to soak up a little of that.





It was so much fun to watch Anabelle as she belted out a (very catchy & hilarious) song that she made up about Maisey, sung in her best southern drawl, that we forgot about the wee babe taking her first ride in a swing on the other side of the playground. This is her watching us from afar. I love the "Real cool guys, looks like a lot of fun over there" look on her face.

No comments: