


This weekend the library on base hosted a Fancy Nancy Tea Party. The Claysons watched the 2 unfanciest members of our family so I could take Anabelle (as Braden is still TDY in Oregon). She got a special invite in the mail addressed just to her. When it was finally Saturday morning I heard her say right when she woke up in a breathy hopeful whisper, "I wonder if this is Fancy Nancy day."
We rounded up all the glittery, blingish, feathery, sparkly accessories we have, glossed our lips, and bid adieu to the diaper donning duo.
I was not aware that I too was supposed to be in costume. I felt a bit plain in my t-shirt and khaki shorts. But hey, at least I wasn't the mom in the tubetop. Go me.
I loved spending that hour alone with my little fan of frill.
1 comment:
I love those books. They are so cute. Annabelle is definitely a fancy girl!
Post a Comment